Sunday, December 28, 2014

Cake and tea. Finally.

Today I did something I haven't done in a long long time: I baked a cake. I can't believe I used to do this at least once every two weeks or so, sometimes even more often. Oh, where did my food blogger days go? Sometimes I wonder if it would be a good idea to start another food blog (as you may know, my previous domain expired and was bought by someone else :S) because I kind of miss it. Then I remember that I've had weeks when my diet consisted basically of morning cereals, cookies, cafeteria food and coffee. Lots of coffee. And that although coffee does indeed look good on camera, it doesn't really count as a recipe (especially one you can repeat every week). 

But today I actually did cook something worth sharing, at least in photo form. The original recipe was Kamran's (The Shophisticated Gourmet) "Yellow Birthday Cake", which I slightly adapted (the cake batter was delicious. Moist and fluffy as a cake should be)  There was no birthday to celebrate, but I've been on holidays for a week already and it's almost New Year and why not? There's always something worth celebrating. I still have pictures of Barcelona to share with you (full of Christmas lights :D) but I thought this photos had a festive enough feeling as well ;)

How are your holidays going? Do you usually bake/cook a lot during those days? I don't like to spend the whole week in the kitchen, but I do enjoy cooking something more special. After all, it's the only time of the year I have the time to do so :P 















No comments:

Post a Comment